 Technic / 9156
Re: Just an idea for an prop for a hovercraft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 06:17:26 GMT

Is the tunnel around the propell very important?
Yes.  It directs the air flow that would normaly be thrown outward from the
spinning prop. and forces it down.  This makes more lift.
Does it makes the propell push more air?
Only helps the prop push air in the right direction.

There are probably some leaks of air around my construction. But I think the
prop can be turned about as fast as you want because no parts will deatach
when spinning in high speed.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix