 Technic / 9185
Re: Just an idea for an prop for a hovercraft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 14:39:05 GMT

"Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> wrote in message

i've got some questions
couldn't be better to use maclaren F1 panels?
As I wrote I used the #20 / #21 panels. That is the panels that comes with
the Williams F1, the other has a big hole in the midle and are too bulky. • I
testet both and got far better lift with the Williams F1 panels. But i • dont
have those panels in Ldraw so the image I made was just for you to get the
idea how I done it.

how do you prevent tilting pannels in the oposite direction to air flow?
The panels holds itself in the raight direction because the blades tuch • the
the Technic Angel Connector #2 at one end. The propel was not made by me
thinking out that solution before building, I like to "think" with my
fingers and the parts. Just take a part, look at it, take another part, • hold
them together and see if they fit or I can use that, if not try another
part...  well, almost like that  :)

it seems i didn't read your post carefully enough
sorry

so the tunnel has to be heigh enough (by trials and errors :)))
it wouldn't be so importand if the machine could be stronger
but if it could be
it would be helicopter :)))

Well, I have tried the prop without the hovercraft skirts (the plastic
cladding around) and I got lift when I had enoug power, about 11-12v DC
(tried with an adjustable power source).
So if you find a powerfull enough motor it can be used as an helicopter or
plane prop.

oh G!!!
so you should try to build the lifting propeller
using these parts
see tobbe's link here
http://www.sinc.sunysb.edu/Stu/tmelnico/

regards