 Technic / *10776 (-20)
  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

(...) It's only sold out in Canada and US. With some luck for you "over there" S@H might ship a few more to US, they are on "Availible Now" status all over Europe and Australia/NZ and not "Call to check" so there must be a bunch left? Best regards, (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: An ISCC entry I spotted

Totally agree. When I was building my crane I had the same problem of getting the lift of the boom started. This is a really clever solution. It's also a great combination of looks and functions. Jennifer Beware.... (;-) Duq "Larry Pieniazek" (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  An ISCC entry I spotted

(URL) LKW Ludger Havighorst (33) Lots of great details in this one! I am sure this is not the only entry we'll be raving about but wanted to toss it out there ... I especially thought the use of an exhaust pipe to hide the control axle was clever, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

Try setting the delivery country to UK. I think that explains what's happened. JB (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

(...) Just called Shop@Home. The man I spoke to says 8431 is DISCONTINUED!!! It just became available a couple months ago! Am I the only one who's shocked by this????!!! (...) - I'd still like this explained. Why is it still on the site at all if (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  8431 Sold Out

Dear LEGO Direct, Is 8431 sold out for good or is this just temporary? On SAH they show it as being sold-out and I was surprised there wasn't an option for back-orders. I decided not to worry but today I got my SAH catalog and I see 8430 but no (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475 and skipping...

I have only heard of a few serious problems that could not be resolved with this issue. But, on the other hand, there have been a few (like mine) that can't recover from this steering problem. I think you have a 75/25 chance in it being ok, but if (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475 and skipping...

Rob, Are you serious? I gave one of these to my grandnephew for Christmas. If you can't make this work, what is to happen to the rest of us? I hope his is ok. -- Bob Fay (URL) Hendrix" <rob.removebeforesen...msltc.org> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475 and skipping...

(...) I (...) I never could get my steering to center, no matter what I did. I worked with it for over 2 hours and gave up. My model is now sitting on a shelf collecting dust. I'm actually thinking of dismantling and using the motors for a new top (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8475 and skipping...

(...) I just got this set for Christmas (for the kids) and under load it will frequently jerk or skip with the speed cutting out or the steering messing up. When it is just starting to move from a stop or when I am using both joysticks at once also (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - The waters are still - a brief pause and analysis -

(...) The AI will come from the programming ultimatly. (...) The Super Mech-Bot has a Dual Vision Command set up. (URL)If you wanted it more advanced, you (...) The Super Mech-Bot has touch sensors in the hands. (URL) nice about Vision Command is (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - The waters are still - a brief pause and analysis -

(...) It'd be nice if it had some AI. Perhaps a camera in the head, hooked up to a computer, sending messages to the RCXs? If you wanted it more advanced, you could have multiple cameras, plus microphones, a speaker, and maybe more sensors (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - The waters are still - a brief pause and analysis -

Thanks TJ and Thanks for Spotlighting the Technic Beast in the Cool MOCs section too, that really made me happy. I have just figured out a few deatils of its construction. We may see it completed sooner than I thought. I would love to bring it to (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Toa Nuva have knees?

(...) If the sneaked preview of several weeks ago was any indication, I was being prescient in my post above. (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - The waters are still - a brief pause and analysis -

(...) Dang! 10 RCX! That's a lot of batteries :-) Have you invested in rechargeables? (...) That's quite a 'bot, and a serious building endeavor (plus a huge investment :-) I'm not really a mecha fan, but Jama is awesome just from a Technic/ (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - The waters are still - a brief pause and analysis -

(...) The trusty Bathroom scale says 20 pounds. Thats without RCX. Wow, it seems like it would weigh more. Then again it's just the skeloton with very little exterior detail. Fully complete and 10 RCX laiden with batteries, we could be talking an (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - The waters are still - a brief pause and analysis -

How mich does it weigh? (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Jamocklaquat - The waters are still - a brief pause and analysis -

I have been getting some questions and I realized an update is in order. At this point in time construction on Jama has been halted. I intend to use the money and effort to goto Bricks West 2003 in California rather than spend it on Jama. So at this (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Help!!! needed with set # 8538, Muaka and Kane-ra.

First off, thanks to those who replied. I really appreciate your willingness to help us out. After reading the suggestions provided, I took another look at the model and discovered the problem: James had put the "liftarms" in upside down, so there (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Andreas' big foot 4x4 truck - WOW!!!! A marvel of raw mechanical proficiency!

(...) I saw your Brickshelf page ( (URL) )... and apart of the Bigfoot, the double Kingcab and the silver supercar impressed me... but the mechanics of the 2 last are nothing compared with the Bigfoot ones... I can only say "wow!... how does he make (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact