 Technic / *10546 (-20)
  2 part substitution questions

1.is it possible to substitute the new type flex system connectors for the old type? and 2.does anyone know a good current substitute for the Tyre 20 x 30 Balloon Solid from set 8074? Will the Tyre 20 x 30 Balloon Medium be a sutable substitute? (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  a few 8431 & general pneumatics questions

1.I bought an 8431 pnematic crane and after building it, I have the folowing pieces left: 1 pneumatic valve some grey & some dk grey pnematic hose 1 1x4 plate in black 1 1x3 plate in yellow 1 pneumatic T-piece 2 1x3 liftarms in grey plus the usual (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Unknown Instruction Book

"Gaurav Thakur" <cp5670@3dap.com> wrote in message news:H5xz41.5IL@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) out (...) I dont have the Silver Champion (yet, but planing to buy), but I found the scanned instruction on the web. And in the back of the instruction (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Unknown Instruction Book

(...) This looks like the Street Sensation alternate model for the 8458 Silver Champion. The set only comes with instructions for the Silver Champion and the Silver Truck; the Street Sensation can be built from a set of online instructions on the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Unknown Instruction Book

Hello Avi Parvin This instruction book you see is made by himself. He used solid works to make every piece and every picture. He didn't know of the existance of mlcad then. Greetings Maico Arts "Avi Parvin" <parvin@netvision.net.il> schreef in (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Unknown Instruction Book

Can anybody tell me which instruction book is under the fabulous car in the pictures below? (URL) in advance, Avi Parvin (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: articulation points?

(...) Here I go, tossing my 2 cents in to the fray: I would say that any differential drive on a flat surface has 3 DOF: -Assume it drives along the X axis (thats 1) -it can rotate around the Z axis (2 now) -once it rotates it can drive along the y (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Another cement mixer......

Andrea, Excellent model! Nice to see someone else also constructed a mixer truck. Seems that your model is fully operational. Did you have to cope come difficulties with the drumm? (shape, connection, motorization etc.). I'm curious to your next (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: New MOC! Sen from Miyazaki's Spirited Away

"Jeff Ranjo" <THRAXISjr@aol.com> wrote in message news:H5x1p4.L9z@lugnet.com... (...) Well is it supposed to be green? I liked it because of the design. Micronaut? Umm Transformer reference, right? -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: New MOC! Sen from Miyazaki's Spirited Away

(...) Aww. C'mon Nicole. You can at least say that it should be green on the back and not light blue!! BTW have you gotten any Micronaut action! ;-) jeff (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

"Jeff Ranjo" <THRAXISjr@aol.com> wrote in message news:H5wz6x.GuA@lugnet.com... (...) Wow, not much more to say. Again Wow. -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Bricklink Store: Drumm's Small Lots (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  New MOC! Sen from Miyazaki's Spirited Away

I saw Miyazaki's masterpiece "Spirited Away" a couple of months ago and was inspired to build a dragon. So here it is: (URL) like how the Toa and Bohrok foot came together nicely to form the mouth without too much effort. And the red flag was (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle) !

  Re: articulation points?

The main reason it would make sense to quote the total DOF is that is determines the volume the arm needs or is able to work in. For example imagine a snake-bot with a dozen 2 DOF joints. It can reach around objects to position it's effector. So it (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: articulation points?

i never really gave it a thought about the hand not having rotation of its own accord, but rather gets it from the elbow. that solves a huge problem i'm having with my mech. you see, i'm having difficulty with my mech holding his weapon because it's (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: articulation points?

(...) I think you've hit the nail on the head here Eric. To me, the most logical way of looking at a robot arm would be from the point of view of the end effector, i.e. what it can and cannot do. The way the arm moves to get there may be of less (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: articulation points?

(...) Very interesting thread. A bit OT (and picky ;) mabye, but about the human arm: If you examine your arm closley you'll find that the rotation of the hand actualy comes from the elbow witch rotates the under arm. The wrist only actes as a dual (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: articulation points?

Not to be a goof, but, OMG! Bram is Crazy Smart! I gotta go a take some more vitamins and drink Carrot Juice! Ahhh! I see the concept much the same, I figure if we refer to a POA in a Mecha model as the counting scheme, we won't get alot of run away (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: articulation points?

(...) It seems so, Jenifer has brought to light that the two don't always correspond, and or there can be differences. It's pretty interesting, although I never really thought about it seriously before, I just build stuff. ;) (...) Well, more so (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: articulation points?

o.k. so let me get this right: poa doesn't necessarily dictate dof. poa refers to the axes a given object can rotate around, but dof refers to the limitations (or lack thereof) in space a given object can move around in. according to eric, i may use (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  RE: articulation points?

(...) However, a device is made up of several objects. Each component, if treated separately, has six degrees of freedom. Thus each component of, for example, the human arm (reduced to an upper arm, lower arm, and hand) has 6 DOF, for a total of 18. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact