 Technic / *10386 (-20)
  Re: Manitowoc 888

(...) Steve's a young guy and kind of shy, I guess. He has just joined LUGNET, so as soon has his stuff has cleared, I think we'll hear from him. He's been a serious lurker so far, and he's quite familiar with this group and the people who post (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

(...) It looks like we're already seeing evidence that the peeron inventory of it is a bit off (not that I don't appreciate the work that went into its creation!) There's visibly more than 2 6x12 grey tiles. I'd suggest that perhaps the # of 6x12 (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Manitowoc 888

(...) Hey! That's awesome! Who is he and why is he lurking? :) /Tobbe (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

Whoops, these were not deep linked. Let's try that again: Trains and town (URL) Wars (Star Destoyer!) (URL) hope this works better. "Wendel Bogaard" <w.bogaard@chello.nl> wrote in message news:H46p1E.BGt@lugnet.com... (...) 18th (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

More pictures of LEGOworld 2002 in Zwolle (the Netherlands) on October 18th 2002!!! Check: (URL) reviewed. Some previews: Town and trains (URL) Wars (URL) Potter (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  DkGray 'Technic Axle Pin' ?

Looking at peeron, I see that <part:3749 Technic Axle Pin> is listed as DkGray in <set:8417>. I don't have the set near me, but I definitely think it had the regular gray ones. Can anyone verify that? - David FUT lugnet.db.inv (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.technic)

  8431 Tubing cutting question

I cut all the tubing today for my 8431 (re-issue of 8460 crane truck) and then realized the pieces labeled 30cm are only 27cm if you cut them by laying them against the picture on the chart instead of measuring. Oops! Anyone know if they'll be too (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Some LEGOWorld 2002 pictures

(...) Jan-Albert, thanks very much for the pics! Looks like a good time is going to be had by all. (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: leftovers from 8485 - T-rex

(...) Let's see; the more prominent elements I remember being left over are most of the red pieces (both wings and plates), the white electric wire holders (the small, flexible corkscrew things), a few gray beams (10, 12 and 16 stud, I think), the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Some LEGOWorld 2002 pictures

I've made some shots today, while everybody was preparing their display for LEGOWorld 2002. The pictures are 640*480 (Click on them for 1600*1200 you like detail) , mostly dealing with trains, technic and pirates. (URL) update again on sunday) Hope (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.de)

  More frontwheel suspension/steering models

This time I've got an Lego #8466 4x4 Offroader set and used the steering mechanism from that set. But made it shorter between the wheels. It is now about 14 bumps from the inside of each wheel. Here are a picture of it: (URL) hard to see the gears (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  leftovers from 8485 - T-rex

Hello, I have build the t-rex from 8485. What pieces should remain? The reason I ask is that I have build it from a large bulk I have bought and there is other sets to be build from that bulk of lego. I could seperate it again and compare the pieces (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  leftovers from 8485 - T-rex

Hello, I have build the t-rex from 8485. What pieces should remain? The reason I ask is that I have build it from a large bulk I have bought and there is other sets to be build from that bulk of lego. I could seperate it again and compare the pieces (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Manitowoc 888

At this past TEXLUG meeting, I met a guy with an awesome crane. Steve built a great model of a Manitowoc 888 heavy duty crawler crane. There are 6 images of it at this site: (URL) to the bottom of the page and look in the right column of thumbnails. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Front suspension and 3-or-more-speeds gearbox

hi i designed front suspension module have a look (URL) Hernández" <lmhariano@latinmail.com> wrote in message news:H329zC.JLH@lugnet.com... (...) all (...) to (...) size? (...) wide (...) engine? (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Front suspension and 3-or-more-speeds gearbox

yes you are right but the forces in thic module are not so heavy to split parts but your "criticism" pushed me to redesign it :) this is new version of my back suspension module and the old one has new name :))) (in english - not polish) the old (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Colored gears - and the chain links no one talks about

Hi, Just adding my two cents: I recently purchased a mixed pile of Lego which included plenty of these gears (with European cross axle hole), the old white axles and the old chain links. The gears cannot be meshed with modern technic gears, but they (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Jamocklaquat - Mission Three and Four Completed -

Hi James, The final design will Walk. Though it will not be Bipedal I'm afraid. I have a few ideas brewing around multiple legs. At first I wanted a bipedal necha but the lack of gyro tech concludes the thought. Multiple legs will be the solution. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Colored gears

Thanks for the information, everyone. So were there still sets with some Technic-like mechanical functionality before the expert builder items came out? (...) only dates back to 1981 or so, so I did not know about this stuff at all until now. Are (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Version of 9V Geared Motor

(...) Yes, there now seems to be at least TWO different versions of the 5225 9V Gear reduced motor. On the motor bases there is a number '71427' and in the bottom left corner there is a number '1' on the older version. The new version has '43362' (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact