 Storage / 921
    A simple tray system using storage drawers —Suzanne D. Rich
   This is a tray system I use for LEGO building at home sometimes. Whether or not this method would work for you, of course depends on the type of building you do and how you like to work, etc. But I thought it may be of interest to some people whose (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: A simple tray system using storage drawers —Larry Pieniazek
   Thanks Suzanne! Very helpful. I snipped it but I have one question. I have found the 5561 and other boxes to be not all that strong. I use a razor to slice the display window cardboard off so the tape doesn't rip the cardboard and weaken it, then I (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: A simple tray system using storage drawers —Suzanne D. Rich
     (...) I really don't think you're unlucky. Hmm.. I have noticed that the 5561 Model Team box is exceptional compared with others I've used. This includes 8277 Giant Model Set (very bad one), 6097 Night Lord's Castle (pretty bad one), 5988 Pharaoh's (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: A simple tray system using storage drawers —Larry Pieniazek
     Yes, I agree box strength varies. (...) One clarification is that I am not using the box to hold trays... so those trays are not there to add torsional rigidity... I am usually using these boxes for things like holding a box full of MOCs to (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: A simple tray system using storage drawers —Kevin Salm
   (...) An inexpensive hot glue gun and plenty of glue sticks might solve this problem. For me, I use hot glue liberally to reinforce boxes when they are new--sometimes even un-gluing flaps that were glued at the Lego factory. In fact, I use so much (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: A simple tray system using storage drawers —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Cool... Upside of that is that interior dividers will give the box torsional rigidity!!! Downside is that you have the parts scrabble problem. Anything with square corners is hard to get parts out of. Which is why I am currently enamored of (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.storage)