 Storage / 925
Re: A simple tray system using storage drawers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 00:43:05 GMT

Yes, I agree box strength varies.

In lugnet.storage, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

It's also possible that you're loading your trays more.. is your whole
tray filled with loose elements? I can imagine that doing it. When
there's a bunch of plastic storage drawers lined up in the tray, it
might be strengthening the whole thing. Or maybe your drawers are filled
higher. Actually, I think that's it. When using my trays for LEGO, I
never have them filled as much as they could be, especially when sorting.

One clarification is that I am not using the box to hold trays... so those
trays are not there to add torsional rigidity... I am usually using these
boxes for things like holding a box full of MOCs to transport to shows so I
grasp them by both sides from underneath, and that works fine. When I am
using them internally, they are holding mishmashes of loose elements
(because I let the kids free build in them)... nothing to help with strength
there.

So that system might work fine! I think I will try it next time I am
designing instead of doing kit runs. (I did a run of MTW hoppers yesterday
afternoon and it went the fastest I can ever remember it!!! Hoppers all get
sorted into one single bag, and I had all the parts already pre binned ready
to count out from. Contrast that with the SW which has 10 parts bags,
individually labeled... too many bins to do all at once)

For kit runs I probably will stick with just working directly on a table
because the parts you need are clearly identified. BUt for design you need a
lot of different stuff available.

++Lar