 Storage / 926
Re: A simple tray system using storage drawers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 00:46:42 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Kevin Salm writes:

A slight modification of Suzanne's system for those without pull-out storage
drawers:
The large trays can have permanent dividers built into them of various sizes.
I use more hot glue and thin corrugated cardboard (as found in Lego sets with
the reinforcing trays - examples - set 6575 or 7140).  This thin cardboard can
easily be manipulated to create dividers of all sizes.  Cutting notches where
pieces intersect and folded flaps that are hot-glued to the bottom of the tray
is the best, most permanent arrangement.

Cool...

Upside of that is that interior dividers will give the box torsional rigidity!!!

Downside is that you have the parts scrabble problem. Anything with square
corners is hard to get parts out of. Which is why I am currently enamored of
those "disposable" microwave safe food storage containers. Nice round bottom
corners, rims so that you can engage a ziplock mouth and pour back in, etc.
etc... even the lids are handy for shakeouts.

++Lar