 Storage / 566
Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 08:15:10 GMT

Hmmm - if LEGO bricks were made of enameled steel I would suspect that one
didn't know what one was talking about.  But I think you meant to say that
the *inside* of refrigerators are made of the same stuff LEGO is made of ...
;-)

If LEGO was ever made of steel, not only would it be rather heavy on a per
piece basis, but it would also break your foot if it landed on it!  Ouch!!
;-)  Mind you, it wouldn't stop me collecting LEGO - might slow me down a
bit though ...  ;-)

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message
I once posed this question to Consumer Affairs.  They told me that not • even
is LEGO fine in cold weather, but that refrigerators are made of the same
material as LEGO bricks.  That's what they said...

YMMV<
John

Tony Priestman wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Steve Demlow (<Fo7GFD.1v9@lugnet.com>) wrote at
04:28:25

Most of the GMLTC layout is stored in a trailer, which AFAIK is outside
through the entire rather cold MN winter...

Now that *is* handy to know.

The next question is: is it safe to play with low temperature LEGO, or
is it likely to shatter and cause multiple lacerations? :-)

I can see myself storing it outside, writing a recipe to build with,
then going and getting the parts, before letting them thaw out so that I
can use them.
--
Tony Priestman