 General / 19407
Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:45:39 GMT

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> writes:
In lugnet.general, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

This may be one place where the US is behind the rest of the world.
Most large appliances in the US are indeed made of enameled steel
at least on the outside.

Yes, and I think I know why.  It's a lot easier to pressform steel
into whatever shape you want, and is seen as recyclable as well.

Ha!  Your naïveté is cute, but misplaced.  One must never
underestimate the power of the refrigerator-magnet lobby.  Plastic
appliances...puh-leez!

Exactly my train of thought--the primary purpose of refrigerators is as
magnetic bulletin boards[1], the bigger, the better.
--Bram

1) mostly for displaying magnets, but also for the stuff the magnets
happen to be holding up.

Bram Lambrecht................BramL@JUNO.com
http://www.chuh.org/Students/Bram-Lambrecht/