 General / 19396
Re: Storing bricks at low temperatures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 10:24:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Selçuk Göre writes:

Enameled steel is passed away long ago, as a refrigerator material.
Injection molded plastic (and yes, ABS) is the one mostly used today.
Believe me, the company that ý wok for supplies parts to home appliances
industry, and refrigeration system parts are our specialty..:-)

This may be one place where the US is behind the rest of the world. Most large
appliances in the US are indeed made of enameled steel at least on the outside.
That includes washers, dryers, refrigerators, ranges, and to a lesser extent,
dishwashers. It isn't until you get to the high end of the range or go to an
"imported"  brand (Bosch, an "imported" brand is actually made in NC I think)
that you see other materials used.

++Lar