 Storage / 495
Re: Storing My LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 15:44:40 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Susan Hoover writes:

Where do y'all live that you can store ABS in your attic?  If I tried
that here, all I would have at the end of the summer would be a pile of
multi-colored goo.  Heck, it gets hotter outside than the recommended
40C.  The attic probably gets up to 50C or higher.  (Not to mention our
cars, in which, every year, several Texans broil their children...)

My LEGO from the seventies spent three summers in an attic in Lubbock TX, where
I know it got to at least 120 degrees and when I finally retrieved it, it was
fine.  ABS has a very high melting temp, you need to get much higher than Texas
heat to ruin it.  Now the candles that were stored up there were puddles, but
not the LEGO.  Its a good thing because I would have killed my parents if it
was hurt.  If you want to destry bricks, boil them.  That's hot enough.

Patricia Schempp