 Storage / 417
  Storage needed

My minifigs are starting to need a better storage set up. I'm looking for something which has perhaps 3"x3"x3" compartments, preferably resizeable (nice if they could be sized smaller). The thick Plano boxes which I've seen in Walmart aren't quite (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage needed

ffilz@mindspring.com (Frank Filz) wrote in <387DE8DC.25B5@mindspring.com>: (...) Frank, I've been really happy with boxes that are on this page: (URL) have a ton of the orange "SB-18"s, as they are labelled on that page. I had looked at the Plano (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage needed

(...) I agree totally with Remy's remarks - I also have several dozen of the SB-18s and am very happy with them. K-Mart sells 'em for $5 and I got most of mine on sale for $4, which is right about what the smaller Plano boxes (3700/3730) sell for. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage needed

(...) Those are actually one of the types of bins I've rejected. It looks like they waste about half the volume (though I guess you could lay them down, alternating back down/front down so the angled parts nest). (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage needed

(...) ? It looks like a flat case to me... I use something similar that I picked up at Walmart (in Canada - no idea about the states), except it's a double sided case. Kind of nice because the bins are still a decent size, and you get about twice as (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage needed

(...) Oops, I didn't pay enough attention to the page... The CLEAR-VIEW 12-BIN ORGANIZER is the type I don't like. If the compartments in that were rectangular, it would suit my needs fairly well, it's a big enough size to hold a decent number if (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage needed

I myself use simple Rubbermaid storage containers. They come in several sizes, I use one of the medium sizes. They are shallow enough to be easy to look though, they stack well, and the lids are snug but not hard to get on or off. The container is (...) (25 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage needed

(...) I have a ton of these as well. Almost all of my Lego is in these, and they work great for me. (Some stuff is just to big to fit in them, and some stuff, like standard bricks and plates, I just have too many of to put in them) I'm thinking of (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage needed

I use Sterlite (sp?) containers (very similar to Rubbermaid). I have ten shoebox size containers for various specialty pieces (and use 25th Anniversary tubs for my basic bricks). Like Rubbermaid, Sterlite containers are transparent, they stack well, (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage needed

mnementh@nacs.net (Troy Cefaratti) wrote in <FoLC5F.BAq@lugnet.com>: (...) I use a bookshelf for mine. Each shelf conveniently holds 2 stacks of five next to each other. A cabinet like you're talking about would be great as well. One hint with these (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage needed

(...) This is the first thing i do when i bring home new ones from Kmart. Highly recommended, as the lids tend to get in the way when you are building. Troy (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)