 Storage / 418
Re: Storage needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 06:47:30 GMT

ffilz@mindspring.com (Frank Filz) wrote in <387DE8DC.25B5@mindspring.com>:

My minifigs are starting to need a better storage set up. I'm looking
for something which has perhaps 3"x3"x3" compartments, preferably
resizeable (nice if they could be sized smaller). The thick Plano boxes
which I've seen in Walmart aren't quite what I'm looking for (also the
dividers slip out way to easy in Plano boxes). I'd prefer a flat
stackable box, though I've looked at some of those drawer units. Those
units with the flip out trays aren't suitable either (it looks like they
waste way too much space). If anyone has any suggestions, please pass
them on.

Frank, I've been really happy with boxes that are on this page:
   http://www.stack-on.com/bro-part.htm

I have a ton of the orange "SB-18"s, as they are labelled on that
page.  I had looked at the Plano tackle boxes before, but I like
these better.  They stack well, they fit perfectly into my storage
shelves and the dividers don't accidentally shift.  The lid doesn't
come all the way off, but that's easily fixable with 3 quick snips
to the hinges with wire cutters.

They're not 3"x3"x3" compartments; they're more 2"x2"x2".  That works
well for me and my minifigs, though.

I've found them at K-Marts.

  -r'm