 Storage / 327
Re: Wohoo!!! Sorted it all!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 12:35:54 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
I tend to think that too much sorting is counter-productive.  If you
have one tray for every possible kind of part and colour, there's gonna
be far too many trays for you to lay out before you can even begin
building.

Hi Fredrick!
   As a novice AFOL, I would have to agree with you about the counter
productive part. It seems like all I do is sort these days. The dragster is
still sitting with only a  technic shaft frame, the dune buggy with a twin carb
VW style engine still has no steering and none of the new design adventurers
cars or aircraft have made it to the website( I did get the motorcycle and the
UFO up but i really want to get the redesign done before showing it off) (sigh)
oh yea the web site, no  recent updates on that either. But on the other hand,
there are  now two sets of solid pine shelves that hold many plano 3700's. The
concept of building plan has been to set up small wooden tv trays that just
"happen" to hold two planos side by side then several stacked up on top of
those. Using this method I can put all of one color onto one tv tray. The main
building area is a folding card table and I can place, say, the black boxes on
one tray , the technic stuff( gears ,connectors ,etc) on another,the
transparent on another. In other words, around the main building table there
are stacks of parts boxes I can sort thru and find what I need. The transparent
factor of the planos help a lot but I am considering some type of labling on
the edges. Hopefully I can stop buying more legos (suuuure, heehee) and finally
build something.
Fredrick, I always appreciate your models and have gotten some type of
inspriation from each one. Thanks to you and all the others that are sharing
thier works !
  John