 Storage / 335
Re: Wohoo!!! Sorted it all!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:50:07 GMT

Scott Edward Sanburn wrote:

I will never stop until I sort them all! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Scott S.

Check this out!
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/sorting.html

This is very similar to how I sort. I just finished most of the sort of
a bunch of Freestyle buckets and other sets amounting to 5500 pieces.
Still need to finish sorting the minifigs and accessories. Total time
was probably about 10-12 hours, maybe a little less (it was done mostly
in three evenings).

I find the trays from the Technic sets (esp. 8250) very usefull. The
8250 tray has enough compartments to do color sort of one size of brick
after you get size sorted. The compartments mesh fairly well with the
ratios of different colors (the extra compartment sometimes came in
handy for either white or black).

My first stage sort sorted by size for bricks and small plates, starting
off into the trays, but those started to overflow, so they had to
transfer to buckets, I ended up with half a bucket or more of 1x4 bricks
- the largest volume. Sorted by type for most other parts: large plates,
minifigs+plants+animals+accessories, printed, odd shaped plates, slopes
(would have been nice to sort into regular and inverse), fence types,
and other combinations. Many of the type bins were assigned to the
pieces which currently share a tackle box.

One thing which slows this down a bit: 1x4x3 windows get their mullions
and shutters added, tires get put on wheels.

I need to get the printed parts into some tackle boxes, right now they
sit in a Technic tray sorted as face pieces, radar dishes/umbrellas,
"circuitry/machinery", controls, space logos/insignia/decorations,
"other".

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com