 Storage / 325
Re: Wohoo!!! Sorted it all!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 11:57:11 GMT

I tend to think that too much sorting is counter-productive.  If you
have one tray for every possible kind of part and colour, there's gonna
be far too many trays for you to lay out before you can even begin
building.

On the other hand, if you put every parts into one bin, you will never
find that 1×1 brick with studs on four sides, say.

I have kinda done both at once.  I have most of my parts sorted by
shape/function/size (not by colour) and I have a few transparent and
shallow trays for parts that I use a lot of.  That way, to build, I only
need to take out the few trays with lots of different parts in them.
And when I need that 1×1 brick with studs on four sides, I know that it
is in one of the 8880 boxes, in the same tray as the 1×1 cones and the
2×2 plates with convex bottom.

Fredrik