 Storage / 320
Re: Automatic sorting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:10:12 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Ralph Hempel writes:
I'm about to start teaching a robotics class for 7th and 8th
graders and will have 6 Mindstorms kits.  I just got one of
the PLANO 1126 boxes at KMart for $9.90

Terry, consider using the PLAN0 37xx boxes. Two of them, (one with
special mods) will hold an entire Mindstorms set. They are more
transparent than the two sided box.

Also, sometimes Walmart has the softsided PLANO tackle bag (black)
with three of the smaller PLANO bozes on sale...

Hi Terry,
I use the 3700 series boxes myself, and with Ralphs special modifcation tool,
they work well with various sizes of Lego pieces. Before I got shelves to put
them on, I used the Sterlite brand 22(?) gallon size tote. They will hold about
6 3700's stacked on top of each other and then 6 more stacked in pairs on end
around them and still seal. I am not sure of those exact counts and the totes
are in the basement and the legos all upstairs. I would think the two sided box
might be a little difficult to manage re getting parts out while building
models.( turning one over to get to other parts and the top not being latched
?) heehee you did say 7th and 8th grade , right ?
Congrats on having a great class to teach!
    John