 Storage / 289
  Loose or Clumps?

I just started experimenting with a somewhat different way of storing bulk Lego pieces, and I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this -- connect bulk pieces together into larger "slugs" when storing in bins. For example, take (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.storage)

  RE: Loose or Clumps?

(...) I used to store my LEGO this way when I was a kid about 25 years ago. Then my kids got a hold of it.... Surprisingly, there was little or no "creep" effect. This means that the bricks that were stacked for ~10 years hold just as well as new (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Loose or Clumps?

I've done clumps but it's more work. Also I had read that there may be some weakening of gripping power after many years kept assembled. I had some clumps of 2x4s that had been clumped together for 25 years. They don't grip very well. That is (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Loose or Clumps?

(...) Actually, I have a bunch of the storage cases from sets 545 (6 bin) and 565 (9 bin). They hold "slugs" of bricks perfectly - 2x4 stacked 8 high - they hold 21 "slugs" in each bin = 168 2x4 in one little bin. (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Loose or Clumps?

(...) <snippage> (...) I use clumping as a sorting method, in combination with ziplocs & drawers. As an example, in my brick storage, I keep bricks in purple tubs and have found that I can find pretty much anything in there by having the 1x1's and (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Loose or Clumps?

(...) I do this for pieces I don't have a large enough quantity for like brown. Hmm.. that sounded bad. -Tom McD. when replying, do not Scotchguard spamcake: a large caustic cloud ensues. (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Loose or Clumps?

(...) snip... The upside to stacking is that it not only looks neater and takes up less space, but it allows you to quickly inventory what you have and retrieve certain pieces when you're building. The downside is that I've found small cracks in (...) (25 years ago, 1-Aug-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Loose or Clumps?

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:01:00 GMT, Chris Phillips uttered the following profundities... (...) I have a box into which fits perfectly columns of 2x4's, 25 bricks high, two to a level. Also, 1x4's, same height. (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Loose or Clumps?

I hate to be completely A.R., but what does everyone think is the better storage method: attached or loose? Do attached bricks get used to being attached and loose their "snap"? Do loose bricks get scratched faster than attached bricks? KL (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Loose or Clumps?

(...) I keep all my pieces in tubs according to size and color (1x1 gray/white/black/green , 1x1 red/yellow/blue, and so on) and all loose. Dunno if either way is better, but I like shoving my hand into a huge pile of loose bricks - slowly of (...) (25 years ago, 20-Aug-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Loose or Clumps?

Kevin Loch wrote in message <37BDC3F6.B0A842BD@N...kl.net>... (...) I think they do lose their "snap" if kept attached for many years. So for long term storage, it is better to store them unattached. -- Have fun! John AUCTION Page (More soon!) (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Loose or Clumps?

(...) Loose. I like stacked, but because of cracking I'm convinced loose is the proper way to store them. Mark (25 years ago, 4-Sep-99, to lugnet.storage)