 Storage / 305
Re: Loose or Clumps?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 09:28:36 GMT

Kevin Loch wrote in message <37BDC3F6.B0A842BD@NOSPMkl.net>...
I hate to be completely A.R., but what does everyone think is the better
storage
method: attached or loose?  Do attached bricks get used to being
attached and loose
their "snap"?  Do loose bricks get scratched faster than attached
bricks?

KL

   I think they do lose their "snap" if kept attached for many years.  So
for long term storage, it is better to store them unattached.

--
   Have fun!
   John
Richard Dee wrote:

On Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:01:00 GMT, Chris Phillips uttered the following
profundities...
   I just started experimenting with a somewhat different way of • storing
bulk Lego pieces, and I was wondering if anyone out there has any • experience
with this -- connect bulk pieces together into larger "slugs" when • storing
in bins.

   For example, take a bin of 2x4 bricks.  Start making little towers • (say,
5 bricks high) of a single color per stack.  Then stack (or toss) the • slugs
in your ordinary storage tub.  Depending on the container I usually • have to
try a few different slug sizes to get good utilization of my storage • space,
and sometimes it helps to mix-n-match slug sizes to fit a particular • drawer.

I have a box into which fits perfectly columns of 2x4's, 25
bricks high, two to a level. Also, 1x4's, same height.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888