 Storage / 1458
1457  |  1459
Subject:
How I store my Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2004 17:07:34 GMT

I thought I’d tell people about my Lego storage system... Because I can and because it might be useful for people if they want to make their own. My storage system is probably more expensive than yours. It cost about £87 (c.$156) (Including boxes). Here’s a breakdown of the cost:

Cool 9 drawed tallboy (for basic brick colour sorting): £79 Small plastic boxes for special pieces (16... perfect size): £4 Minifig parts sorting boxes (2.. perfect size): £1 Set of 7 progressively smaller boxes for special pieces: £3 Cost of labour had I been paid for sorting out my Lego: A fairly large sum

Categories:

Tallboy:

Grey,

Green, baseplates and colours not already covered.

Instructions,

Yellow,

Red,

Blue,

Technic,

White,

Black.

That probably tells you why most of my MOCs are monochrome (Actually, I’ve only posted one, but my next one is too): When you’re sitting on the floor, it’s easier to get to the black and the white.

Small plastic boxes:

Circular pieces over 1x1

Movement (hinged)

Movement (non-hinged)

SNOT

Equipment and decoration

Tiles and flags

Printed pieces (that aren’t flags)

Minifig Furniture

Curved

Arches

Special Technic

Non studded and complex slopes

Plane bases

String stuff

Panels

Inverse slopes

Shoeboxes:

Basic Slopes

Quarantine (Clones)

Set of 7 plastic boxes. Small to large:

Transparent (that aren’t already covered)

Clips etc.

Foliage

Lateral Slopes

Wheels and Wheelbases

Windows/Doors

Big, Ugly pieces

Minifig Sorting boxes (Each box has 3 sections):

Box 1: Torsos, Large and Small Minifig Accessories Box 2: Legs, Heads/Hair/spare hands and wearables

So there you go. Sorry if that wasted 5 minutes of your day.

Peter

P.S. As a very rough estimate, I’d say I probably have about 6,000 Lego pieces. P.P.S. As a strange fact, my dad has more books than I have lego pieces... A lot more in fact