 Storage / 1420
  Summer Goal: Complete Sort & Storage

This summer, I have resolved to completely sort and organize my collection. I tried this once before, a few years ago, but lack of money to purchase organizing bins (plus, a total lack of room in my studio apartment to set up said bins) nixed that (...) (20 years ago, 27-May-04, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Summer Goal: Complete Sort & Storage

(...) Hi Jeff, I did my first sort about a year ago, of roughly 30,000 pieces. I tried a few different things, and here's what got me through it: - get about 20 shoeboxes, bags, or other types of containers together. You will use these as temporary (...) (20 years ago, 27-May-04, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Summer Goal: Complete Sort & Storage

My girlfriend and I just finished sorting our collection (somewhere between 30,000 and 40,000 bits) about a month ago. We sorted by color first, then by part. I think this helped us feel like we were making some progress. It also helped to determine (...) (20 years ago, 27-May-04, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Summer Goal: Complete Sort & Storage

Well ... here's an update. I did some scattered sorting over the last week ... mainly locating some Bricklink orders from last fall, still in bags, and sorting them into containers. I was going to spend ALL today sorting out bricks, but a (...) (20 years ago, 31-May-04, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Summer Goal: Complete Sort & Storage

Yeah, yeah, I'm resurrecting my own thread ... so shoot me. Okay, here's the low-down: sorting got put on a hold for a long while for a variety of reasons, most of them revolving around work. I recently got back into "sorting mode". My red and light (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.storage, FTX)