 Storage / 1422
Re: Summer Goal: Complete Sort & Storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 14:48:24 GMT

My girlfriend and I just finished sorting our collection (somewhere between
30,000 and 40,000 bits) about a month ago.  We sorted by color first, then by
part.  I think this helped us feel like we were making some progress.  It also
helped to determine what size drawers we would need for storage because when we
started sorting by part, we'd sort the largest pile first (which I think was
black in our case).  As we sorted, we also found that we needed more drawers
than what we had (Christy's standard question when calling home from work now is
"Oh, should I pick up more drawers when I drive by Home Depot?").

After quite a bit of work, though, we now have the entire collection sorted,
with the exception of two small boxes of parts that didn't really fit into any
sort of category.  Sorting was well worth it.  I can now build quicker, and the
reaction of guests who visit our apartment is always fun to watch ("Are *all* of
those filled with Lego?").

Good luck!

-Elroy