 Storage / 1224
    Storage —Mark Peterson
   On brickshelf Abe Friedman posted these pictures of the WAMALTC Meeting @ Tom Cook House - November 23, 2002: (URL) Tom or anyone else shed some light on the construction and materials of these. They are a great idea and would like to make somehing (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

        Re: Storage —Tom Cook
     (...) I have been meaning to post dimensions and materials for quite some time now, but I have just not gotten around to it. They are made of poplar wood (nominal 1x2s; .75"x1.5") held together with wood glue and 1.25" wood screws. They stack and (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

         Re: Storage —Mark Peterson
     (...) Tom, If you don't mind could you supply some more measurements and any other information that would be helpfull in building one. Thanks Mark IndyLUG (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

         Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack —Chris Phillips
     (...) I liked Tom's bin rack idea, but it was the stacks of _buckets_ that I kept tipping over. So I built a rack to hold them. The rack holds a total of 24 buckets, each of which can be slid into its own cubby without disturbing any of the others (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

         Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack —Mark Peterson
     (...) Here is the rack I created (URL) used 1x3's because thats what I had. I love being able to get the bottom bucket out with out moving the whole stack. mark IndyLUG (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

         Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack —Chris Phillips
     (...) Mark, Pardon the expression, but Nice Rack! A couple questions for you: I notice that you and Tom used cross-braces at both the top and bottom of each bin slot. It seems to me that the ones at the bottom of the bin are unnecessary. Did you (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

         Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack —Mark Peterson
     (...) I'm flattered (...) The rack doesn't need them it is plenty stable w/out them. I will take them off eventually to build another rack. (...) I pealed the sticker off for no reason. (...) mark IndyLUG (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: Storage —Adrian Drake
   (...) This whole thread has been pretty fascinating, seeing shelving built out of wood. For those of us without the carpentry skills to build such things (yes, I know they're pretty simple) you could always go the route I took. I bought a bunch of (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

        Re: Storage —Frank Filz
     (...) Yea, that looks really compact. In fact, it looks more compact that the custom built wood shelves people have been showing (since you get 3 tubs to a shelf, with very little space between them). My biggest complaint about shelving systems is (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

        Re: Storage —Joseph Woolley
     Now, if only I had enough Lego to make a set of selves like that necessary! Oh, maybe one day... (dreaming... still dreaming... ok, I am back) I also found it quite funny, looking at pictures of 'Shelving for Bricks' hosted by 'BrickShelf.com' (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

        Re: Storage —Chris Phillips
   (...) tub-stacking problem as well. Nice job! I think the hand-crafted vs. pre-fab decision probably comes down to that classic duality -- time vs. money. The shelves I built cost me about $30 for supplies and about 2 hours for planning and (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

        Re: Storage —Chris Phillips
   (...) Post first, ask questions later, be forced to answer thine own post. Searching the Home Depot site, I see that the shelves Adrian recommends are only $20 for a five shelf unit. This looks like a better deal than I remember seeing in the past. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)