 Storage / 1138
    Iris carts on sale at Office Depot this week —Tom Stangl
   Office Depot is listing the 4-drawer carts with metallic blue or metallic lavender frames this week for 2 for $30. This is instore only, I can't find them online. blue - 318-098 lavender - 318-065 I own the equivalent of 50+ of these (I've bought (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: Iris carts on sale at Office Depot this week —Frank Filz
     (...) I like the Iris carts also, unfortunately, in tall columns they're awfully wobbly. More an more I'm convinced the best way to go for storage is to custom build shelving, though the Iris cart drawers could be used in custom built shelving. What (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: Iris carts on sale at Office Depot this week —William R. Ward
      (...) Why don't you just connect the adjacent ones together using the little plastic connectors that come with them? (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: Iris carts on sale at Office Depot this week —Tom Stangl
      Some of the Iris carts (especially the Lego primary colored ones from Target) have slots in the frame, and tabs are cast into the back of the frame. You snap these tabs out of the frame, and lock 2 stacks together through the slots. The Iris carts I (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.storage)

          Re: Iris carts on sale at Office Depot this week —Frank Filz
      (...) Ok, I guess I need to give them a call. My older Iris carts don't have slots or tabs. The new ones have slots but no tabs. Frank (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.storage)

         Wide Iris Carts (was: Iris carts on sale at Office Depot) —Enrique Durand
     (...) Frank, I do not own any Iris carts (yet), so i do not know if these are compatible with the narrower units, but they are double wide Iris carts... (URL) that helps. Henry Durand (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.storage)

         Re: Wide Iris Carts (was: Iris carts on sale at Office Depot) —Thomas Stangl
     Actually, they have the reverse - they sell a double-wide 6 drawer. It is 2 doublewide drawers with 4 regular width drawers stacked on top. However, I don't know if you could then stack 2 regular stacks on that or not. I doubt it, as I doubt it is (...) (22 years ago, 18-Aug-02, to lugnet.storage)

        Do the drawers come all the way out? —David Simmons
   Hey guys, I use Iris shelves as well, and I love them, but I think they've either changed their mold or Office Depot carries a different kind. All the ones I've seen recently have pre-molded tabs on the backs of the drawers so that they cannot be (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.storage)

        Re: Do the drawers come all the way out? —Thomas Stangl
   It's a molding change, seems to be permanent. All you have to do is pull out until the tabs hit the frame, push in a little, and twist the shelf to one side or the other, and they come out. Walmart carries a few Plano boxes. (...) -- Tom Stangl (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.storage)