 Storage / 1142
Re: Iris carts on sale at Office Depot this week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 05:58:50 GMT

Tom Stangl wrote:

Some of the Iris carts (especially the Lego primary colored ones from Target)
have slots in the frame, and tabs are cast into the back of the frame.  You snap
these tabs out of the frame, and lock 2 stacks together through the slots.

The Iris carts I got from Costco did have the slots cast in the frame, but they
didn't mold tabs into the frame.  I called up Iris and requested tabs, told them
I needed at least 60 for the # of carts I had, and got an envelope in the mail a
week later with 63 tabs in it.  Now all of my stacks are locked together.  I also
put stacks back-to-back and used packing tape to strap them together, now I have
a nice and stable stack in my kitchen/dining room.

Ok, I guess I need to give them a call. My older Iris carts don't have
slots or tabs. The new ones have slots but no tabs.

Frank