 Storage / *1255 (-20)
  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) It's a pretty good idea, and I appreciate the suggestion, but I think the problem with that or any sort of chair for me is that it would be too restrictive of my movement. When I build, I'm surrounded by bins 360 degrees, so I'm always turning (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: My collection and storage

ROFLMAO the freak speaks ;-) -paul (...) (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage)

"Todd Lehman" <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> wrote in message news:H6xI32.GLt@lugnet.com... (...) carpet. (...) I have an old hi-fi stand that it on one side of my bed. Lots of horizontal space. 5 large gray baseplates worth, with some extra. When I actually get (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) When I organized my stuff into drawers (using IRIS drawer carts) I could no longer build on the floor, because I'd be constantly getting up to get into a drawer. So I started using a table and chair, and haven't looked back. I use the kitchen (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

Hey Rev. I thought of something when I read your post. Have you seen those camping chairs where you sit on the ground but it has a back support? They fold up for backpacking. You lean back a little but you could pull the coffee table up a little (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) I still kick it old school, down on the floor, surrounded by LEGO. I can't say I'm still man enough to keep all my LEGO in one enormous unsorted pile like my childhood collection, but these days I sit myself down amongst the bins on a regular (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Last Call For BricksWest 2003 Presenters/Sessions

The organizing committee is attempting to finalize the BricksWest schedule by the end of next week. This is the absolute last chance for you to step forward and volunteer to run a session or two in Carlsbad. To date, we are a bit heavy on trains, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.storage, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.mecha) !

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) When building sets, I have a silver champion box (with compartments) that I empty the bags into, then sit on the sofa with it on my knees. Sometimes hard to get the instructions in a comfortable spot but generally works OK. When building MOCs (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

Depends... I tend to sit on my sofa, but sometimes on the floor (wooden). It depends on the models size and so... I tend yo build large models on the floor, but details/smaller models I build on the table. It also dependes, some models are easy to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage

(...) Post first, ask questions later, be forced to answer thine own post. Searching the Home Depot site, I see that the shelves Adrian recommends are only $20 for a five shelf unit. This looks like a better deal than I remember seeing in the past. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage

(...) tub-stacking problem as well. Nice job! I think the hand-crafted vs. pre-fab decision probably comes down to that classic duality -- time vs. money. The shelves I built cost me about $30 for supplies and about 2 hours for planning and (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage

Now, if only I had enough Lego to make a set of selves like that necessary! Oh, maybe one day... (dreaming... still dreaming... ok, I am back) I also found it quite funny, looking at pictures of 'Shelving for Bricks' hosted by 'BrickShelf.com' (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage

(...) Yea, that looks really compact. In fact, it looks more compact that the custom built wood shelves people have been showing (since you get 3 tubs to a shelf, with very little space between them). My biggest complaint about shelving systems is (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack

(...) I'm flattered (...) The rack doesn't need them it is plenty stable w/out them. I will take them off eventually to build another rack. (...) I pealed the sticker off for no reason. (...) mark IndyLUG (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage

(...) This whole thread has been pretty fascinating, seeing shelving built out of wood. For those of us without the carpentry skills to build such things (yes, I know they're pretty simple) you could always go the route I took. I bought a bunch of (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack

(...) Mark, Pardon the expression, but Nice Rack! A couple questions for you: I notice that you and Tom used cross-braces at both the top and bottom of each bin slot. It seems to me that the ones at the bottom of the bin are unnecessary. Did you (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) ... When I want to build on the floor, I use a 'BackJack': (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage -- Bucket Rack

(...) Here is the rack I created (URL) used 1x3's because thats what I had. I love being able to get the bottom bucket out with out moving the whole stack. mark IndyLUG (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.org.us.wamalug)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

(...) Interesting. I build either at barstool height or standing up. I have always liked working at that height. My workstations at work have (until now) always been at barstool height. I have a digital recording studio in my apartment and that is (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you sit on when you build?

When I was a child, we had a great finished basement. One room in the basement had a tile floor and an extremely sturdy ping pong table. I used to crawl up on the ping pong table and build my town and space layouts on that. (Of course, there was a (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.storage)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact