 Star Wars / 953
952  |  954
Subject:
Star Wars sets are a dream come true
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 20:52:27 GMT

A couple of weeks ago, my dad passed on some old pictures of our family when we
were kids.  Many of the photos show me playing with Lego (it's all I really did
as a kid) One picture shows me with a model of an X-wing made out of Lego.  The
year was 1978.  I remember clearly how I struggled to get the x-wings to rotate
into attack position and make laser cannons that looked like the real thing.  I
ended up using four of the five 2x4x1/3 hinge plates I had at the time for the
rotating wings.

Now, 21 years later, I just built the Lego x-wing.  What a great set.  All the
Lego SW sets are good.  So much better then a lot of the stuff I've seen Lego
come out with lately.  Good models, using lots of slopes, plates and standard
bricks built solid.  Sure there are a few specialized pieces, But they are
there to serve a function, not to get the look right.

So I say now:  Well done Lego.  I look forward to purchasing all the future
Star Wars Lego sets provided they are done with the same quality.

I'll need to re-build my Millenium Falcon and attempt to match the realism Lego
has included in it's own models.  I'm not holding my breath and expecting Lego
to build one since I'd expect it require 5000+ pieces and I do not know of any
Lego sets that have that many pieces.  Unfortunately, if they do make one, my
fear is that it will include a large selection of single purpose pieces.  So
I'll attempt the challenge myself.

Anyone know the site that has a minifig scale Millenium Falcon on it?  Seems I
remember some Navy guy that built one.

Thanks for listening.

Ben Fleskes