 Star Wars / 9391
  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) Who says that just because it's technic, it has to be a machine? We can build anything we want with LEGO System- buildings, vehicles, animals, and even sculptures of people. Why is Technic so limited then? Yes, it has tradionally been an all (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) I have no problem with the fact that they made a non-machine. I have a problem with the fact that it bears nothing but the most passing of resemblences to a Stormtrooper. eric (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) It's not that -- it's that it doesn't look like a Stormtrooper. --Todd (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) I dunno: seems like it'd be awfully drafty... Ran [Imagining a ring of minifig archers surrounding a Technic-walled castle, cackling "Haha! Baldur was right: it *is* just like shooting fish in a barrel!"] (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) [] Actually, my beef isn't that it doesn't look like a stormtrooper, or that it doesn't use beams, or that it's not a vehicle. It's that, as far as I can tell, it doesn't *do* anything. Technic, for me, has always been about building (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  (canceled)

  Counting functions

To be fair, the Silver Champion offers the additional "functions" of independent suspension at the four wheels and the damped movement of one body part. In lugnet.starwars, Mark Cogan writes: <snip> (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Counting functions

(...) You have a point there; I have the 8458 (got suckered into buying it from the look) and it is extremely overpriced for what you get. It comes with some very impressive wheels and lots of decoration pieces and looks very realistic when built. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is with the Technic Stormtrooper?

(...) How cool! That is just what I did when I was a child. I always compared Technic sets by the number of distinct working functions. I had almost forgotten this by now, and was happily reminded of this by your post. My fav model as a child was (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Information on the 8485 Control Center II

Whenn this set appeared a few years ago, I was amazed by the picture, but the price was just too much for me ($219 USD). I therefore bypassed it. Today one of my neighbors who is not interested in Lego anymore informed me that he wants to sell some (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Information on the 8485 Control Center II

Great parts: 3 old style motors (from 8720) 2 gray worm gear boxes technic cable system pieces lots of black and gray technic beams some nice red plates last but not least the control center itself. Its not a pretty good deal, its a GREAT deal. Jump (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Counting functions

(...) [] (...) Let's see: 8488 has steering, transmission, suspension, moving engine parts, and either the gull wing doors, or the convertible top. That's 5, but the transmission is better than that in any other model. 8880 has steering (but (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Information on the 8485 Control Center II

(...) Thanks for the information; that looks pretty good...I guess I'll go for this one then. I could really use the flex cables, those worm-gear holders and some gray beams. The Control Center (with 3 motors) appears to be very nice as well. I'll (...) (24 years ago, 27-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Counting functions

(...) You're right, 8880 also has 7 (forgot the trunk in that one). 8868 was an awesome set as well (my personal all-time favorite) with all those pneumatic functions, the compressor and the V6 engine. I guess you could count an extra function on (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)

"Gaurav Thakur" <cp5670@supermail.com> wrote in message news:G344uD.CsH@lugnet.com... (...) hovercraft (...) Not sure... the dinosaur has been sitting on my desk for a year now. I'll give the other models a shot one of these days... -Rob. (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.technic)