 Technic / 2736
Re: Counting functions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 00:06:57 GMT

8488 has steering, transmission, suspension, moving engine parts, and
either the gull wing doors, or the convertible top. That's 5, but the
transmission is better than that in any other model.

8880 has steering (but four-wheel steering should count double),
transmission, four-wheel drive, suspension, flip-up lights, moving
engine parts, and a working trunk. That's seven.

8868 has a working engine, steering, all four rear wheels on
differentials, and a claw arm with four different motions (rotation,
lift, extension, and grip). You could count that as seven.

You're right, 8880 also has 7 (forgot the trunk in that one). 8868 was an
awesome set as well (my personal all-time favorite) with all those pneumatic
functions, the compressor and the V6 engine. I guess you could count an
extra function on the wing door variation (opening trunk) as well, which
would bring it up to 6.

Some other models I can think of with a relatively high number of functions
are 8459 (2 pneumatic functions, 4-wheel drive, V6 engine, steering), 8460
(4-wheel steering, stabilizers, 4 crane functions), 8462 (steering, 2 tow
arm functions, 3 tow hook functions and 8446 (4-wheel steering, opening
cockpit, 3 claw functions)

Heh...I need to stop using so many sets of parenthesis... :-)