 Star Wars / 8829
Re: 2001 SW line-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 23:29:19 GMT

Lessee... Naboo Royal Cruiser, the ship the Jedi arrive in, the transports on
Coruscant, the ship Palpatine arrives at Naboo in, uh, that's all I can think
of right now.

The ship Palpatine & the ship the jedi arrive in are actually the same ship
type: Republic Cruiser. Not a ship I'd make if I were Lego, given the low
visibility of it in the movies & the limited "fun factor" for kids.

However, seems like Lego is going for one $100 System set every year... With
the AT-AT being released as a Mindstorms set this year & the Jawa
sandcrawler having the same visibility problems as the republic cruiser, my
bet is on a summer 2001 Naboo Cruiser. I doubt we'll see any Ep1 sets after
2001, given that TLC will be busy with the Ep2 stuff in 2002.

There's that "other" speeder, the Gian variety. Could be a $10 set. A
destroyer droid or two would be a $6 set. The Coruscant transports are not
very interesting to the target audience, I'd say.

A larger Naboo playset seems like a likely case, provided that the Watto set
is a sucess.

Anyway, with UCS sets and play sets, there should be enough Ep1 stuff to last
until they can bring out the EP2 stuff.

Yes, if the current UCS sets provide sufficient RoI, TLC would probably give
us some UCS Ep1 stuff, my guess would still be the Naboo fighter & the AAT
(one good, one evil, both have a fairly high recognition factor & would be
fun to build; also easy to keep to scale without too much of a hassle &
given the target audience for these ones, I suspect scale is important).

T.
--> thomas weigle  |  w.i.m.p.
    web: http://www.ya-ba.net/
  .iMMersE your soUL in LOVE.