 Star Wars / 8257
Re: UCS X-Wing Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:03:07 GMT

In lugnet.reviews, Karim Nassar writes:
In lugnet.reviews, Bryan Hodges writes:
In lugnet.reviews, Karim Nassar writes:
<SNIP>
Perhaps the solution is for LEGO to ship both a sticker sheet and a decal
sheet. Decals, I can deal with, and they adhere pretty well to ABS.  With a
little clear decal-set, they take on the surface characterisitcs of the • part,
and become pretty much permanent (one can still scrape or disolve them off).

<SNIP>
--Karim

What about static-cling stickers?  The kind that you find on sunglasses and
the like...  While they wouldn't stick to well to slopes (because slopes
generally aren't smooth) they should stick fine to standard bricks, they'd be
100% removable, and could have just as much detail as a sticker or decal...

They would look even worse than regular stickers. The ideal for me is a
permanent graphic system that is optional, and applied by the end user. • Decals
would be ideal for this.

Though the printing method TLC uses is definitely more rugged than a decal.

Printed/Stickered parts are such a tricky thing. If I want to use the graphic
the way it is intended, I definitely prefer a printed part. If I am not going
to use it as intended, I prefer a sticker (which I can then totally not use,
or use somewhere else). Of course multi-brick decorations need to be a sticker
(and there a sticker would probably be better than a decal since it has some
body to resist damage if the two parts get jiggled).

I'm not sure what the overall lifespan of those static cling transfers are,
but they aren't any thicker really than a sticker, and do have the advantage
of being removable, so in one sense I'd like to see them used (but I suspect
they would fall off far sooner than a sticker or decal).

Frank