 Star Wars / 7992
Re: NLS opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 20:06:44 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Aaron West writes:

Hello All,
Well, I'm 27 and have been into Lego since about 1978 or 1979.  My dark ages
happened kinda funny.  I did not want to be seen purchasing Lego from about
1984 to 1991, so I missed most of the best stuff, didn't I? :)
I must have built hundreds of things with my existing collection until about
1989, with a spurt of creativity for a shelf piece every year or so. • [snip]
Additional question:  What was your first memorable set (Duplo not included)?

Mine was the Alpha-1 Rocket Base :) and it is the wallpaper for Windoze on my
computer!
Aaron

hehehe...  my dark ages happened kind of the standard way... actually I always
had sort of an off-and-on relationship with Lego.  When I was a kid I'd get
some sets, play with them, and then forget about them for something else.  The
first set I clearly remember having was the Exxon Fuel Tanker, but I know I
had Lego before then...  I liked some of the town stuff, but Space was my
favorite for a long time.  I even built a moonbase when I was about ten.  It
had a large (at the time) statue of a space man.  It used up all of my base
plates (with at the time was only a few 32x16 plates and one 32x32 plate.  It
fell apart one night when I was moving it back to my bedroom after showing it
off in the living room, and I never bothered to rebuild it.

For years I cycled through periods of Lego Enlightenment and Lego Darkness,
but finally I fell into the Dark Ages and stopped playing with Lego.  I came
out of the dark ages when TLG came out with the SW sets... :)  I actually kind
of struggled with it until I found Lugnet and realized I wasn't the only adult
who had a hankerin' for the little bricks... <G>

Luckily my folks don't throw anything away... :)  My bricks got scattered over
the years however, so every now and then I go dig through some boxes at my
folks house... I usually find a good pile of legos... :)

-Bryan