 Star Wars / 7936
Re: Imperial Sets in 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 02:43:21 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Gerry Venteicher writes:
Hi,
I think we are all in agreement that we will recieve several "Bad Guys" in the
2001 assortment from lego.  Here is my two cents of what we will see.  The
first set ($5.99) will be a couple Stormtroopers with some kind of check
point.  Mabey even Sandtroopers.  Next we will have the $9.99 set which will
be The Emporer's throne with Palpatine, Darth, and Luke.  The $14.99 set will
be a Carbonite freezing chamber with somekind of lever that will switch Han
with a Frozen Han.  At $19.99 we will have, drum role please, a TIE FIGHTER.
$29.99 will buy you a Scout Walker.  Here is where we will get some arguments,
because $49.99 buys a Imperial Shuttle.  Yes it can be done at this price.
Finally, If we are lucky enough to get one, $89.99 would start you of on a
major section of the Death Star.  In later years smaller sections could be
added to it using Technic pins and bricks.
These sets in my oppinion would be a wonderful addition to a great lego
line.  Any comments about my dream selection for 2001?

I agree that we will likely see a AT-ST, but I think it may come with one of
two playsets, like the B-Wing at the Rebel Control Center.  If they chose a
Hoth model (not as likely) then it may have a turret defense or a generator
and figures like Hoth Rebel Soldier, Hoth Han (easy custom with a blue Arctic
hood), Snowtrooper (!!!), AT-ST Driver and maybe a Tauntaun.  If they go with
Endor, we may see a Bunker playset (highly likely) and a Endor Leia, Han and
Stormtrooper(s) and AT-ST Driver.
I would have to argue for a $49.99 to $79.99 Shuttle after buying the MF for
$99.99 at TRU.  Just to get the figure selection right and all necessary
parts, I believe they would have to go higher than $49.99.  But not my final
decision, as I don't cost analyze parts like some of you folk:)
On the Death Star, if LEGO can make a $120.99 Pirate Ship, $110.99 Castle and
a $169.99 Train, then surely a Death Star done up like a mid-1980's castle
(i.e. sectional) would be great for kids and AFOLs.  They could even do a S@H
exclusive Trash Compactor with Stormtrooper Luke & Han, Chewie and Leia for
$15.99 to fill the kids wish-lists for cheaper sets with main characters!!!!
You are right on, for my money.  Too bad it'll be all gone when LEGO is done
with me 8O)
Aaron