 Star Wars / 7690
Re: ok, lets play this again, what sets should we see in November
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:04:06 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Fabisch writes:
Keeping in mind that Lego has a license for the movies only(not novels, not
video games), what is left in the original series and Episode 1?  Lets keep it
feasible to minifigs scale, which means no Star Destroyers and Death Stars,
but playsets for those are feasible.  What are we going to see guys/girls,
lets see your predictions.  I know what you guys WANT, but think as Lego would
and lets guess what THEY will make.

My guesses for the trilogy:
$100 set, Jawa Sandcrawler(we have seen Jawa's in the cartoons in the back of
the instruction manuals and a prototype next to the UCS Xwing)
$50 set, Tyderian Shuttle (slightly out of scale, but feasible)
$30 set, Death Star playset, with Luke, Ben and Vader.  Could be multitiered
or many $10-$15 sets to snap together like the Soccer sets.
$20 set Tie Fighter or Tie Bomber (maybe not as they need to do a special
pilot helmet)
$10 set Han on a Taun Taun (probably a useless solid piece like the Kaadu)
$5 set Storm Trooper minifig pack

I have no idea for prices but here is what I think is feasible.

Carbon Freeze Chamber Playset
Jaba The Hutt playset
Garbage compactor playset
AT-ST
AT-AT (Scaled down)
Echo Station playset
Yavin IV playset
Ewok Village (Yuk)
Endor Shield Generator playset
Cantina playset
Tie Fighter
Tie Bomber
Tie Interceptor

I can think of at least 10 other possible playsets as well and...

Stormtroopers Stormtroopers Stormtroopers

Episode 1:

There is nothing left that I can think of except the Queens Royal Starship and
a couple playsets.  Maybe that is why there were only two sets released this
summer for Episode 1.

$10 set Droideka's made to minifig scale

Councilors ship (First ship Qui Gon & Obi Wan arrive in)
Jedi Council playset
Senate playset
Mos Espa playset
More Podracers