 Star Wars / 7689
7688  |  7690
Subject:
ok, lets play this again, what sets should we see in November
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:44:20 GMT

Keeping in mind that Lego has a license for the movies only(not novels, not
video games), what is left in the original series and Episode 1?  Lets keep it
feasible to minifigs scale, which means no Star Destroyers and Death Stars,
but playsets for those are feasible.  What are we going to see guys/girls,
lets see your predictions.  I know what you guys WANT, but think as Lego would
and lets guess what THEY will make.

My guesses for the trilogy:
$100 set, Jawa Sandcrawler(we have seen Jawa's in the cartoons in the back of
the instruction manuals and a prototype next to the UCS Xwing)
$50 set, Tyderian Shuttle (slightly out of scale, but feasible)
$30 set, Death Star playset, with Luke, Ben and Vader.  Could be multitiered
or many $10-$15 sets to snap together like the Soccer sets.
$20 set Tie Fighter or Tie Bomber (maybe not as they need to do a special
pilot helmet)
$10 set Han on a Taun Taun (probably a useless solid piece like the Kaadu)
$5 set Storm Trooper minifig pack

Episode 1:

There is nothing left that I can think of except the Queens Royal Starship and
a couple playsets.  Maybe that is why there were only two sets released this
summer for Episode 1.

$10 set Droideka's made to minifig scale

Jason F.