 Star Wars / 6950
Re: Princess Leia up close and personal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:51:49 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jim Foulds writes:
I have to agree with Will on this issue.  Since Episode 1 came out, I have
listened to all the negative comments that were said about it.  I think Will
summed up my opinion pretty well, except that I didn't mind Jar-jar.  One
thing I will add is that when Lucas made SW:ANH, he didn't fully intend to
make any other SW film.  That was why he chose to start with ANH, because it
was the most concise part of his Nine part story.  It had a beginning, middle
and end.  So if that was the only story told, it was complete and could stand
by itself.  But now with Episode 1, he knows he has two more films to tell the
story.  I look at episode 1 like a book trilogy, the first book introduces you
to the story and the characters.  You won't know if you truly like the story
until you have finishd all three.  So I am holding judgement until I can watch
all six movies from start to finish!

- Jim

Aye, that's a good point.  When all 6 of them are finally released (prolly in
a big ol' 6-pack in 2005-6) I'll devote an entire day to sitting in my Den
(hopefully by then I have one) and staying there from the first minute of Ep.
1 to the end of ROTJ.
-Chris