 Star Wars / 5419
Re: Technic Building Modules (was, Re: Review - 8002 - Star Wars Destroyer Droid)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 17:27:42 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Fabisch writes:
I dump them all out into the box it came in and mix them up real well.  I
don't like the modular design at all and I wish Lego would stop it soon.
Until then, I will just stir them up.  After I mix them up, I sometimes sort
all the pieces by color or size, but thats all I will do.

Jason F.

I've tried building both ways.  When I built the new Pit Droid I used the
subassembly method.  When I built the Destroyer Droid, I just dumped all the
pieces into the box.  Given that the Technic Pieces are so small to begin with
and usually within the same color ranges (most are gray or non-bright colors),
I'm not sure that the subassembly method saves all that much time.  It seems
logical to me, the bigger and/or more colorful the piece is, the easier it is
to find.
I'm also confused as to why Lego did this.  It's not like the bags the
subassemblies come in are really reusable.  After you take it apart the first
time what are you going to do?  If the idea is to keep the pieces for a given
subassembly separate, the pieces should come in reusable bags.

Keith Blumenthal