 Star Wars / 4868
Re: Extra Endor Lukes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 19:17:19 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ben Olmstead writes:
D Garcia wrote:

Ben Olmstead/BEM wrote in message
OK, they are claimed.  Those who are to recieve the figs have been
notified via email.  For those who didn't make it, I *may* be buying
more Speeder Bikes tonight (just to up my collection to 12 bikes--I
*really* like the Speeder Bikes

12 bikes?  where did the other 14,988 lukes come from?  :)

My 7,652 X-Wings, 5,293 Snowspeeders, and 2,043 Landspeeders.  Where
else?  :-)  Now I just need about 20,000 TIEs and a Death Star (minifig
scale) and I'll be set.

As a (slightly off-topic) side note, I looked up K-Mart's cost for all
the SW sets today.  My only public comments will be:

--I was surprised by our actual cost.
--We make the same % profit on all of the (1999 SW) sets, to within .5%.
--Having the double sale is really cool.  _Really_ cool.

Requests for further info will go to /dev/null.

I think on Saturday I will check to see if any of the Y2K SW sets are in
the 'puter yet.  Just for kicks.
--
Ben Olmstead/BEM
<bem@mad.scientist.com>

Ben,

I'm curious about one thing, and I think you're in a position where you could
check this out.  It seems the price point on all of the SW Legos sets are
similar to the non-SW sets, which is perfectly understandable, except that TLG
has to pay Lucasfilm a licensing fee.  I was wondering if TLG itself was taking
a smaller profit from each SW set as compared to their non-licensed set.  Maybe
if you could compare Big K's profit from SW sets to non-SW sets we'd then know.

Thanks,

Kevin