 Star Wars / 3634
Re: Episode II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 18:01:24 GMT

I am not sure where these rumors of Leo turning down Episode II came from,
everything I am reading indicates that quite the opposite has taken place.
Leo was invited to a private screening or The Phantom Menace at Lucas's
Skywalker ranch, and expressed intrest in being involved in the next two
movies but nothing official was ever offered.  Leo is a huge Star Wars fan and
would probably jump at the chance to be in either movie.

Here is the latest headline from Sir Steves Guide (www.sirstevesguide.com)

EPISODE II : McCallum Speaks Out ... Again !
The Leonardo DiCaprio as Anakin Skywalker rumors have been shot down once
more.

Phantom Menace producer Rick McCallum flatly denied the Leo buzz once again
during a press conference held yesterday at Italy's Caserta Palace.

Just what I've read!

Scott