 Star Wars / 3590
Re: Minifig-Scale AT-AT update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 12:59:30 GMT

David Eaton wrote:

In the last AT-AT I made (see http://www.wpi.edu/~wpieaton/images/ while it
lasts... my account is not long for this world.. hence the lack of web pages
surrounding it) had a 4x4 circular drive made from the same things.. the 4x4
half and whole circular pieces. I figured it *should* be around 8x8... maybe
6x6... but when I found more 8x8 dishes, I have to say, I was convinced. As to
their source? I'm not sure how to communicate the coolness of it... for all my
life I've only had 1 8x8 radar dish. I've been WAITING and WAITING for another
set to come out with 'em. I didn't care it was huge-- I'd still buy 'em. And
finally the prayers were answered. Check your lego catalog. Train section. The
Train Track Snow Remover set. Contents: 1 8x8 grey radar dish. Beautiful. Best
part? It's cheap! BUT... that meant I'd have to order them from S@H, right? NO!
They had them at the Construction Site in Waltham! I was psyched. And I still
need more. Two more should do it, I think.. then I'll have 6 all together. One
for each eye, one for the front of the undercarriage, and 3 for those rings
near the back of the drive motor

DaveE

I'm kicking myself hard.  I live 1/2 mile from The Construction Site,
and I was
actually in there this past Saturday.  I stared right at the Snow
Remover, and thought
to myself "Wow, interesting that they have it here!  I thought it was
only available
at S@H".  It never even clicked with me ... and my fiance was in a
buying mood, too :)

Well, at least getting there is no problem.  Now, to get there as soon
as possible.
Thanks for the info, I needed a good swift kick!

Shaun