 Star Wars / 346
Re: See X-Wing Fighter in Ldraw/Ldlite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 15:45:08 GMT

Terry K wrote in message <368f4655.2584603@lugnet.com>...
On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 22:31:45 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@msn.com> wrote:

Check out lugnet.cad.dat to see my attempt at building the X-Wing in • Ldraw.

-John Van

That is a pretty good rendition.  It will be interesting to see how
your guesses pan out when the real thing arrives.

I'm most interested in seeing what seems to be a new hinge set.  I'm
guessing it must have some sort of "teeth" which let you set a position.  I
don't think current hinges would hold the top wings in X formation (or the
bottom wings in closed formation) very long.  I've been thinking of
modifying the back of the X-wing.  I made the red stripe continue around the
back, but on looking my son's x-wing, I realized the stripe doesn't go
there.  I also hope Lego has done something better for the back face, so it
isn't just flat all the way down.

I am still working on my X-Wing model -- but it is more of a Model
Team-scaled effort.  The only preview I have so far is this oddly
funny-looking rendering in L3P's low-res bounding block mode:
http://hugin.risoe.dk/JJ_Memorial/blocks.jpg

More to come as I get a site built.  :-)

-- Terry K --