 Star Wars / 3267
Re: 20 more Millennium Falcon pictures are up now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 04:13:39 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ben Fleskes writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Tom McDonald writes:
ben>> Yes I do need Han Solo, Chewie, Lando, C3-PO and Liea.  Maybe even that
other guy that is Lando's co-pilot in Return of the Jedi.  But I'm not going • to
make them since I'm confident lego will produce them.  If not next year, the
year after.

Yeah, artoo mee too.

I built the Falcon, because I'm not so sure they will do a true
minifig scale falcon.  Hope so.

If they do, it won't be like yours. Certainly no pneumatics. But you
apparently really dig the Falcon's design or you wouldn't have gone to the
trouble. I can see an official Lego MF canopy piece alone going for a small
chunk. And what about the Falcon's radar dish??? Maybe TLG's Falcon is grey
and so they've started making 8x8 dishes again starting with the train snow
blower.

Hmmm, perhaps a starfish would work for a Mynock.  Maybe a little small but
should get the point accross.  Good idea.  Doesn't every Naboo Swamp set
come with one or two?  Trying to think of a way to model the breathing • aparatus
they use in the same scene.

Naboo swamp comes only with a clam. But Gungan Sub has a starfish. Although it
pains me to recommend this maybe you should consider buying 5387 Belville
Accessories. It has a starfish and that's only $3.50 @ S@H. Plus you get ice
cream pieces for a town, a crab, etc. (If you don't want the rest of those
pieces, I'll buy 'em off you :)

IIRC mynocks have wings and long tails too.

Are there any other "secrets" we should know? I noticed that a few studs away
from the pump on the rear top there seems to be a tile with writing. What • does
it say?

ben>> The writing is a license plate sticker from a model team set.  Simply
adds a little bit of detail.  Any other 'secrets'?  Not yet.  But I have an
idea for escape pods I'm eager to try out.  May even spring load them so they
jetison out.  Got to have atleast two.

Cool. I've used 4 2x4x4 half cylinders to make a Corellian Corvette escape
pod. Most sitting minifigs fit snugly in them.

-Tom McD.
when replying, Martha Stewart won't show you how to decorate with spamcake.