 Star Wars / 3282
Re: 20 more Millennium Falcon pictures are up now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 23:14:55 GMT

Tom and Greg,

Both good ideas.

How about this:  Two 1x2x1/3 hingeplate assemblies(they look like a 2x2 plate
when closed) connected in a 'z' shape.  This way the hinge points could stay
inside the four stud diameter circle and the door would open with a little more
freedom and accessability for the minifig.

I like the idea of spring loading it though.  pull and pin and it ejects into
the air.  Lot's of fun it would be.

I'll play with all the ideas a little more when I get home and report back my
findings.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ben

In lugnet.starwars, Greg Majewski writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Tom McDonald writes: • <snip>

Instead, maybe you can use a 1x2 x 1x2 horizontal plate hinge on the roof to
open it with another under the bottom so the pod door opens similar to a
refrigerator door. Upon deployment, rotate the pod 90 degress so that the
hinge doesn't catch the 4 MF's wide pod socket. This arrangement might make a
rather good locking mechanism as well if you find a way to put another half
stud protrusion on the opposite side of the pod so you don't really have to
build a catch mechanism to hold in the pod: all you would have to do to • remove
it is maybe push it in slightly and rotate it a bit with your finger and
either tilt the model or pull the pod out. OR maybe as your style would have
it, it could be spring loaded so that it pops out! Wouldn't that be a hoot!
Overall height increase of the pod after any desired roof tileage would be 1.

Confused? I might make one myself. It sounds neat!

-Tom McD.
when replying, Stonehedge was actually an ancient spamcake bakery.

How about a 1x2 brick with a peg sticking out of it and then a 1x2 Technic • beam
blaced on top of the two halves. It would add a brick of height, but that is
the best way I can think of how to do it. And oh yeah, it's Stonehenge, and it
was the Parthenon that was the spamcake bakery :)
Greg
citrusx__@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/