 Star Wars / 3276
Re: 20 more Millennium Falcon pictures are up now
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 18:06:19 GMT

Are you willing to make the entire contructon 1 1/3 higher and make it hinge up
instead of to the left or right? (Think of how a Delorean car door opens.) If
so, then you can do it by putting a piece ld3937/ld3938 on top of the trans
blue half of your escape pod, and a 2x2 brick 3003 on top of the other half of
the pod, and a 2x2 tile 3068 to join them. You'd probably also want to use a
2x2 small turntable 3679 on the bottom to do the 180-o rotation for when the
passenger activates the pod. That would make the whole construction a total of
5 2/3 units high, plus about 1 unit additional clearance when it's opened.

In lugnet.starwars, Ben Fleskes writes:
[describes using two of part ld6259 to model an escape pod]
[...]
Havn't figured out a good way to hinge it open and still allow it to rotate
within a 4x4 space.

Any suggestions?