 Star Wars / 2879
Re: Self Supporting Pod Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 02:32:13 GMT

Charles Seyferth <feanor23x@geocities.com> wrote in message
news:375C76CE.D25882FB@geocities.com...
Steve Bliss wrote:
Anyone got a good design for crossing the streams in a four-engine pod
design?

There was one in the movie, and in SW:E1 Racer.  Details to follow for those
who STILL have not seen the movie and don't want it spoiled (I think they
call these "Spoilers" for that reason! ;)

There was one that was sitting on the starting line in SW:E1.  When the
racers came through on the first lap, he was sitting there for some strange
reason.  He then tried to start his racer, but the "Coupler Beam"s shorted,
and all four engines went shooting off in different directions!  It was
hilarious, especially since one of them hit just below Jabba's veiwing
balcony and exploded!

BTW, they were coupled in an "X" pattern.