 Star Wars / 2850
Re: Self Supporting Pod Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 15:47:06 GMT

On Sun, 6 Jun 1999 07:28:35 GMT, "Jonathan" <piano254@aol.com> wrote:

I was thinking about that whole pod racer design. I mean, as far as the tan
supports . . . if you were going to set up the pod race in some sort of desert
diorama set up, they'd work great. They would probably blend right in. As far
as just having them sitting on your dresser, or something (like I have them)
the tan stands out a bit. Since the took the route of making clear supports for
the STAPs why couldn't they make clear supports for the pods?

I think the transparent plastic is somewhat more brittle than opaque
plastic (and more expensive to produce).  These aren't a problem with the
STAPs, because there isn't much weight (or plastic) involved.  The long
plates on the pod racers might be a different story...

Also (and I'm
surprised nobody else has brought this up), why are the energy beams between
the engines orange? Weren't they a purply color in the movie? I mean, granted,
TLG hasn't used a transparent purple (that I know of) but regular purple bricks
weren't real common, either (outside of Bellville or that other female-aimed
set).

The new Belville sets have a trans-purple magic wand, if I remember
correctly.

Steve