 Star Wars / 2819
Re: Self Supporting Pod Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 19:39:03 GMT

"Mark Benz" <mbenz@broadvision.com> writes:
Hi All,

Has anyone else built a "real" pod racer where you eliminate the tan
2x plates, bricks, etc. and use black 12 gage solid copper wire to
support the control "cabin"? (you also need additional clamps in front)

I've removed the tan parts, but have not added wire.  To hold the engines
together, you can use Technic pins in the "Energy beams" -- not perfect,
but it works.  You'll need two hands to fly the pod-racer (one for the
engines, one for the "cabin"), but it ooks much nicer than with all the
tan parts.
  Mostly, I've just accepted that pod-racers work better in POV-Ray than
in real life :)
--Bram