 Star Wars / 2360
Re: More comments on Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 01:03:03 GMT

My landing gear rotate down into a locked position.  I believe the 'real'
millennium Falcon landing gear telescopes down.  I could build a white fairing
on the upper strut of the landing gear that would cover up most of the landing
gear when it is in the up position.  Much like a WWII corsair airplane fighter.

Then again, I like the idea of hinged panels opening up to allow the gear down.
I'll have to fiddle with it a little and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the ideas.

Ben

BTW, Have you considered using the landing pad itself to cover up the gear
well?  It seems that this is pretty close to the actual mechanism used by the
falcon.

--Karim