 Star Wars / 2358
Re: More comments on Ben's LEGO Millennium Falcon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 21:44:05 GMT

Ben Fleskes wrote in message ...

Has anyone ever done working landing gear that is linked to door panels • that
open and close as the landing gear goes up and down?  Much like modern
commercial jet aircraft.  As I detail the underside this is something I'm
thinking about.  While the landing gear fully recesses into the hull, it • would
be nice to have them covered when they are in the up position.

Hmm, I just realized that this is one of the features of my Falcon model
that I don't have any good pictures of!  When the landing gear are retracted
on my model, there are panels that cover the spaces.  However, mine are
manually operated--you open the hatch, fold out the landing gear, then close
the hatch, leaving a smooth, closed surface in both the opened and closed
positions.  The only picture that even remotely shows the landing gear (and
only the front one at that) is this one--
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/9639/falcon14.jpg

Perhaps I'll photograph this area in more detail someday.

:Derek